Tom Kosnik is a Fenwick and West Consulting Professor, Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP), at Stanford School of Engineering. He is an International Advisor for National University of Singapore Entrepreneurship Centre, and a cofounder of Gear Up Ventures, a global partnership that helps entrepreneurs in organizations large and small to create new markets and disrupt existing markets.
Teaching: His current courses include Global Entrepreneurial Marketing, Technology Entrepreneurship, New Venture Creation, and Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Program. He taught Marketing at Harvard Business School from 1985-89, and launched HBS's Entrepreneurial Marketing course in1995-97.
Professional Education: Kosnik helps leaders and teams in start-ups, global companies, and other organizations to apply best-of-class tools to overcome real-world challenges. Topics include:
* Gear up: Your Best Idea Ever! Interactive anti-book/digital models for creating or disrupting a market
* Circles of Influence: Getting entrepreneurial players in different regions to bet on your new venture
* Negotiating the Triple Chasms of Generation, Gender and Culture: Building trust across borders
* Global Entrepreneurial Marketing: Creating new markets and entering new country/markets
* The STVP Case Collection: Cases on clean tech, social media, global ventures
* Designing Systems that Summon the Spirit: Bringing the best out of people at work
Past and current clients include: American Management Systems; Apple Computer; Applied Materials; China Mobile Communications Corporation; Clean Tech Open; Cypress Semiconductor; Cummins Engine; Electronic Arts; Ernst & Young; National University of Singapore Entrepreneurship Centre; HP China; IBM; Microsoft; Nuance Communications; Younoodle, Yunnan Tin Company, and over 50 startups.
Advisor: Kosnik has served as a leadership coach and advisor to hundreds of entrepreneurial leaders and teams from 1980 to the present.
BA in History and International Relations, Duke University (1972), MBA, University of Virginia (1977), Ph.D., Stanford Graduate School of Business (1986).
Related Links: www.stanford.edu
Last Updated: Tue, Nov 22, 2011
|Video||Investing in Yourself||Cindy Padnos · Thomas J. Kosnik||Illuminate Ventures||01:39||02/2013|
|Video||The Relationship Element||Cindy Padnos · Thomas J. Kosnik||Illuminate Ventures||02:23||02/2013|
|Podcast||An Enterprising Approach to Investment||Cindy Padnos · Thomas J. Kosnik||Illuminate Ventures||56:48||02/2013|
|Video||An Enterprising Approach to Investment [Entire Talk]||Cindy Padnos · Thomas J. Kosnik||Illuminate Ventures||56:54||02/2013|